sexta-feira, março 12, 2010

single.

GEORGE V.O.
A few times in my life Iʼve had
moments of absolute clarity.

George walks back into the study and stands over Kenny and smiles.

GEORGE V.O. (CONTʼD)
When for a few brief seconds the
silence drowns out the noise and I can feel rather than think...

George goes to the desk, gathers the note to Charley and one of the other letters.

GEORGE V.O. (CONTʼD)
And things seem so sharp and the
world seems so fresh.

He turns out the lamp and quietly closes the double doors to the study leaving Kenny asleep on the sofa.

INT. GEORGEʼS HOUSE - LIVING ROOM. NIGHT -- CONTINUOUS

George slips down the hall to the living room which is still illuminated by the embers of the dying fire. He throws the letters into the fireplace and watches them flare up.
He puts his hands in the pockets of his robe and lets out a deep sigh.

GEORGE V.O.
I can never make these moments
last. I cling to them, but like everything they fade.

The golden light from the fire rakes across Georgeʼs face as he beams.

INT. GEORGEʼS BEDROOM NIGHT 1962 -- MOMENTS LATER.

George sits on the edge of his bed. He is ecstatic.

GEORGE V.O.
I have lived my life on these
moments.

FLASHBACK OF GEORGE AND CHARLEY DOING THE TWIST EARLIER IN THE EVENING.

INT. GEORGEʼS BEDROOM NIGHT 1962--CONTINUOUS.

GEORGE V.O.
They pull me back to the present

George is sitting on his bed reveling in his new found peace.

GEORGE V.O. (CONTʼD)
and I realize that everything is
exactly the way it was meant to be.


Nenhum comentário: